10 miles. Longest ever. The first 9 were OK. The last one was brutal. My watch said about 1:33, and that is about a 9:17 pace. A little slower than I would want, but the last mile is what did it. I keep having this fantasy that I can run my first marathon in 4 hours, which is a 9 minute 10 second pace. Of course in the last mile of training I revert back to, "finishing is good" mentality which is where I should be. I think realistically we're talking a little less than 4 hours with stops for water and hills. Temperature will be a factor as well.
I'm flying to San Diego Sunday early, catching the red-eye back Friday night. I may even be able to run with the group Saturday morning.
Thanks to those that have contributed to my effort thus far. It is most appreciated.
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment