Today, of all people, the Jesus General brings us the reminder that MLK stood for more than race relations. He was also against Vietnam and the gap between the rich and the poor. It's this last societal problem MLK railed against that got him in the most trouble in the press and with politicians.
Speaking of race relations, I'm not sure how the season premiere of 24 sat with me, which I think was part of the point. I mean, we've had public discussions about race relations and white/Muslim relations. This season may provide some interesting perspective on some of those discussions. One can hope. Still, isn't it just a little discomforting to watch a show that went from the threat of terrorism to pre-existing terrorism? Rumor has it there's going to be something big on tonight's 2nd night. I guess what I'm saying is that it isn't all that comfortable to think about wide-spread terrorism in America...and it's probably a good thing that we at least consider the possibility given the reality so many other people in the world face daily.
I don't know. I just wanted to see Jack Bauer kick some butt. I was looking for escapism. I didn't expect a more powerful political/current event undertone this season. Not that I mind yet - we'll see after tonight.
And what did the Chinese get for Jack anyway? Are they just going to kidnap him again for the season finale? wtf?
7 miles this morning. Such a nice day. Should get cold very shortly. It was easier today than Saturday for whatever reason. I ran in about 1:02 or 1:03. My watch said 1:02, but I stopped it when I had to cross busy streets and to blow my nose once or twice.
Monday, January 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment