Monday, May 18, 2009

I think 24 may be ruined

See, here's the problem 24 now faces. Was Tony really a bad guy? I'm not convinced.

First off, he was correct that if it wasn't for him, Jack wouldn't have been able to do diddly poo. Yeah he used Chloe and Buchanan and what not to get to whomever. But we're back to the whole morality in 24 - Was it worth it? Is letting 1000 die worth saving 10,000?

I mean, I don't know who this Alan Wilson cat was (and that's another thing - how many people were behind season 5? And why are we supposed to have some feeling for someone who has had 5 minutes of screentime all season?), but apparently he was behind a lot of stuff. Someone figured it out. He was going to pull some stunt later. In 24 land, do we keep snuffing terrorists attacks every 2-3 years? CTU is all about counter-terrorism. But the vision is short-term. At least in the show.

Or maybe in 24-land they should shut-down all independent military contractors. They seem to have a bad record towards their own country.

I want something consistent in my TV viewing. If I want inconsistency I'd watch a sitcom. If I wanted to see an explosion I'd watch a movie. I like 24 because it's basically a high action soap opera with some great characters. But it's really starting to take on too many qualities of a soap opera - throwing logic and consistency out the window. OK fine, a character came back from the dead this season, but come on...

No comments: