Sunday, November 2, 2008

the divorce is final

For those of you that are unfamiliar with the drama/saga at my job, please read the entries dating back the last 2.5 months.

Bo & Luke finalized their divorce a week ago. On Sunday night. Bo was going out of town and if there was no agreement Luke was going to start taking things over again.

I was 'fired' yesterday. I now start working for Luke in our new venture. This is pretty exciting because I'm in a real startup environment - only 2 of us - but we already have an existing product we can use to start with. And I can continue working at home which is the best.

So I have been fired. Yay me. The only kicker is that my unused vacation time will be paid out over the next 3 months. So I'm still financially tied to the old company. I definitely don't understand that but...at least there is closure.

We have some options to get funding or partner with new companies which is good in the current environment. Details as they arrive because they will mean some job security.

As for the lab, they have less overhead with one person gone (my boss never really had a salary so I'm not sure how that counts financially). Another lab employee quit. Everyone got their full paychck for October, but backpay is still owed to most.

No comments: