Friday, October 24, 2008

where do people listen to new music?

I need help. I've been a fairly dedicated XM Radio subscriber since the service was unleashed in late 2001. I new the potential and for years XM reached the potential. A wide variety of new music and old music was available, with variety being the key word. With FM radio turning into "programming by focus group" and having limited playlists I welcomed the ability to be turned on to new stuff and old stuff.

Last week XM fired all my favorite programmers, DJs, and broadcasters. This includes Rick Lambert, who programmed and did stuff for the classic alternative stuff, and Billy Zero and Tobi, who ran the college/modern alternative rock station.

I guess for now it's Pandora radio for a while. 96 Rock doesn't count. How do you listen to new music? Because I'm probably cancelling my subscription.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

KPCW from NC State. Quite a mix. Some head banger. Some classic rock. Throw in some jazz. All sorts of things.