I have a lot going through my head, too much for facebook.
I like Obama. Really I do. I'm glad to see some of his first priorities is to reestablish the respect of American by closing Guantanamo and ending torture. That all said, his economic team is an epic fail. I'll make this really simple. You don't fix too much debt by issuing more debt. You don't fix too much credit by issuing more credit. We got into this mess because we spent too much money, you can't get out of the mess by spending more. Basically, you don't give an addict more drugs. (I'm not necessarily agreeing with House Republicans. They are playing the political card. I'm sure they'd vote for a stimulus if a Rep. was President. Oh wait, they did in 2001 or so.)
In fact, as a liberal, I'm kind of upset and how rank-and-file the Dems have been toward the stimulus package. It's not that I'm a fiscal conservative, it's that we're missing the mark in fixing the problem. The dam has a bazillion cracks and we're using putty, scotch tape, and chewing gum to patch it. We are just making the problem worse. I think we should embrace the problem that is inevitable. Hopefully I can find some good articles that detail this more and post them.
This winter has been WAY more dreary than last winter. I'm anxiously awaiting the return of the sun on a regular basis.
That's all for now.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment