Thursday, February 12, 2009

this is funny

I met someone at the Krispy Kreme Challenge from the current season of TNT (Team in Training) named Jamie. I talked to Jamie for about 10 minutes while we were waiting to start. She's petite, 5'3 or 5'4 or so.

Anyway, my wife didn't want me to run the competitive KKC, just the casual. Right... So of course I signed up for the competitive division. She didn't know about it.

I'm standing there talking to Jamie and she asks if I'm eating all 12 donuts or just spin the casual version. I told her and I asked her. She said she was doing the competitive challenge as well. I told her my wife didn't want me to do the full challenge. She said in that mock husband voice, "yes honey."

So I finish and my wife asks, "How many did you eat?". I tell her all twelve. She said, "you're disgusting. Why? You just signed up of the casual.". "No I didn't." !!!

So what makes this story so great is this. We start home and share our stories. We brought our dog and she told me what she did while I was getting my chip and standing in line. I told her I talked to a TNT participant while getting ready. She said she talked to one before the race and told her how I had done TNT and that i was doing the casual. "was she petite and her name Jamie?". Yes.

So Jamie heard from my wife I did TNT and that I was doing the casual race while I told her separately I did TNT, I was doing the full challenge, and that my wife didn't know - she thought I was doing the casual.

No comments: