Luke is trying to get a committed date from Bo. That would be nice because it's the only way I'll get paid for September.
Yesterday Bo announced to the lab (of course Luke nor the software guys were informed - maybe it was assumed we wouldn't be part of the company? Or we would get paid? I don't know - I just know no one talks to each other) that Hazzard Labs would not be able to make payroll. Now keep in mind that the executive team got another delayed paycheck at the beginning of September, just as they did in August. They were paid late in August and still haven't gotten paid for September. Bo said, "The work is there, we just can't get it out the door quick enough." Yesterday was the 23rd, so the lab has a week to figure out what to do if they don't get paid.
To add to this, Bo said, "I'm willing to meet one-on-one with anyone if your financial situation warrants." So if you need cash, you can get it. Maybe.
How does this affect me? I have no idea. Because Bo and Luke are still going the buyout route, and Bo indicated that if he is able to buy Luke out, then he would have the money to pay people (because of the investment he would get in the lab). But if they don't, I don't know.
To summarize, if Bo buys Luke out, I would:
- be laid off
- get a severance
- the severance is designed to last until Luke is able to funding for the software business that is splitting off
If Bo doesn't buy Luke out soon, I don't know what happens. Well, I do know what happens. I look for another job. Quickly.
Meanwhile, I realized yesterday that I'm being used as a pawn. Here's the deal. Bo doesn't tell Luke information that Luke has a right (obligation? as co-owner?) to know. So if I find out personnel information, do I tell Luke? Seems like I should. It's not necessarily gossip, it's open knowledge, it would be good if the owner of his business knew this information, loyalty to your boss, etc. However, the good people at Hazzard Lab have decided not to share information with the software folks. Why? I don't know. So if they tell me something anyway because I work there and the information should be common knowledge, to I tell Luke and get yelled at by the lab ("You go and tell your boss everything you hear") or do I not tell my boss? The latter seems ethically wrong to me.
I will update again early next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment